Eat An Elite Performers’ Breakfast
By now I think everyone understands the importance of eating a good breakfast but in case you don’t, I really like this list of 10 reasons.
For me, I don’t feel quite right until I’ve had a good healthy breakfast in the morning. I just have more energy and focus, and that’s important to me!
About an hour before breakfast, it’s good to start your day with a nice tall glass of lemon water.
- One tall glass of water, preferably room temperature
- The juice of 1/2 lemon (if you are 149 lbs or under) OR the juice from a whole lemon (if you are 150 lbs or over.
There are so many reasons this is good for you. It corrects your body’s pH, changing it from very acidic after a nights sleep, to good and alkaline. Disease cannot live in an alkaline environment. Lemon water aids in digestion and weight loss, it boosts the immune system, and I just feel noticeably better when I drink it!
*No kidding… you will feel so much better after drinking lemon water in the morning. Put it to the test!
Give the water at least 30 minutes to absorb in your tummy, then eat your breakfast.
I am an advocate of a good, healthy breakfast, and I know that is one way that I’ve been able to maintain my weight over the years, and after having 5 children.
Here is a list of my favorite breakfasts:
Not in any particular order, I love them all!
- 1/2 a cantaloupe with cottage cheese, cinnamon and nutmeg, sprinkled with a few pecans
- 1 egg, 1 egg white omelet with nutmeg, little bit of cheddar cheese, and chopped tomato
- Steel cut oats, with protein powder and a touch of brown sugar
- Fruit protein shake with strawberries, frozen banana, and almonds
- Egg and cheese burrito with salsa
- Bagel with turkey breast and lowfat cream cheese
- Cottage cheese, apple, and walnuts
- Cottage cheese, peaches, and almonds
- Green smoothie with orange, mango, and spinach
I am happy to share recipes with exact amounts, just send me an email on my contact page. 🙂
I am a HUGE fan of 40-30-30 nutrition and all of these breakfasts fit nicely into that way of eating, allowing for the most efficient use of stored fat for energy. In other words, after eating with the correct ratios of protein, carbs, and fat, you will lose the right kind of weight – fat, not muscle.
Be an elite performer!
Get your day started right! It will make you so much happier!
That’s why it’s #3 on My Happy List.