Family Home Evening – "Here Am I, Send Me"
“And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him”
- The Lord needs valiant young men and young women who have made up their minds to choose the right, even if it’s the unpopular thing to do. Here am I, send me.
- He needs sons and daughters who hold true to their values and keep themselves morally clean. Here am I, send me.
- He needs young men who honor their priesthood in every circumstance, and prepare fervently to serve an honorable mission. Here am I, send me.
- The Lord needs people who will obey the Word of Wisdom, who stay away from addictive substances like drugs, cigarettes, and alcohol, so their minds and bodies will be strong. Here am I, send me.
- He needs young men and young women who turn away from profanity, who have clean language and are careful about the things that they say. Here am I, send me.
- The Lord needs servants who will seek spiritual growth and protection through daily prayer and scripture study so they will be able to fight the every day battle against the enemy. Here am I , send me.
- The Lord needs courageous missionaries to share the gospel with those who don’t have it. Here am I, send me.
“For nearly six thousand years, God has held you in reserve to make your appearance in the final days before the Second Coming of the Lord. Every previous gospel dispensation has drifted into apostasy, but ours will not. True, there will be some individuals who will fall away; but the kingdom of God will remain intact to welcome the return of its head—even Jesus Christ. While our generation will be comparable in wickedness to the days of Noah, when the Lord cleansed the earth by flood, there is a major difference this time. It is that God has saved for the final inning some of his strongest children, who will help bear off the Kingdom triumphantly. And that is where you come in, for you are the generation that must be prepared to meet your God.
All through the ages the prophets have looked down through the corridors of time to our day. Billions of the deceased and those yet to be born have their eyes on us. Make no mistake about it—you are a marked generation. There has never been more expected of the faithful in such a short period of time as there is of us. Never before on the face of this earth have the forces of evil and the forces of good been as well organized. Now is the great day of the devil’s power, with the greatest mass murderers of all time living among us. But now is also the great day of the Lord’s power, with the greatest number ever of priesthood holders on the earth. And the showdown is fast approaching.
Each day the forces of evil and the forces of good pick up new recruits. Each day we personally make many decisions that show where our support will go. The final outcome is certain—the forces of righteousness will finally win. What remains to be seen is where each of us personally, now and in the future, will stand in this fight—and how tall we will stand. Will we be true to our last-days, foreordained mission?”