Grapeseed Oil For Hair
(You like that?)
In fact, I’ve recently cut a lot of my hair off, hoping to eliminate most of the breakage and give it a fresh start.
I think I’m pretty hard on my hair. I use good products, like salon shampoo and conditioner, but I will confess that I still use the good old cheap gel. I love to back comb, I blow dry, of course I use hot tools on it, and hairspray is my best friend! (Are you feeling my hair’s pain?)
- Grapeseed oil is commonly used as a carrier oil for essential oils, but can also be used on it’s own.
- People like to use grapeseed oil as a hot oil conditioning treatment for hair because it is absorbed quickly, and is very effective in treating split ends, breakage, and brittle or damaged hair. (Hello! Pick me!)
- Grapeseed oil is also very effective in the reduction, if not elimination of flaky scalp, or dandruff, and cradle cap on babies.
- It’s believed that one of the most popular benefits of grapeseed oil, is it’s ability to help hair grow faster. There are significant levels of vitamin E and linoleic acid as well as many other vitamins, minerals, and protein that will protect and moisturize the scalp and hair shaft, making the hair stronger, and moisturized hair grows faster than brittle, dry hair.
- It’s not super heavy, and it’s odorless.
So I was pretty much sold. I bought some, brought it home, and decided on the hot oil treatment process for my poor hair. They say you can leave it on for 30 minutes up to a couple of hours. I decided overnight was good for me! (I’ve slept in conditioner, why not grapeseed oil?)
This morning, I woke up, rinsed it out and shampooed and conditioned like usual. I have to say, it felt better than it has for a long time!
RESULT: I LOVED IT!
I am not finished…. I will do this probably 2-3 times a week. I am ready for some healthy hair, especially right now with this wintery weather, everything, including my hair, seems so very dry.
Try it out!
Measure out about 4 tablespoons of grapeseed oil into a ziploc bag, and 4 drops of any essential oil you would like. I used lavendar, just because I was going to bed. Fill the bathroom sink with hot water, and set the bag of oil into the water to warm while you are showering. Towel dry hair and apply oil, emphasizing the ends, but also working through the scalp. I massaged pretty good, to stimulate the follicle for hair growth. Comb it out with a wide toothed comb, and then I pulled it back into a little ponytail. Be sure to put a plastic pillow case on your pillow, or a nice big towel to protect it from the oil.
I think you will really like it, I know I did!
And if you are reeeeally trying to get your hair to grow fast, check this site out!
The claim is if you apply oil, then hold your head upside down for 4 minutes, (what?!) and leave the oil on for 2 hours afterward, your hair will grow 1-2 inches in a week!!! Crazy? I don’t know.
Maybe I’ll try it!
Image credit: midosemsem / 123RF Stock Photo