Easy Cream Cheese Danish
I have always loved a great cream cheese danish! I just can’t say no! So, no wonder I love these so much! You can make them with or without fruit, depending on your personal taste. I prefer them without, as they are plenty sweet! This recipe is very kid friendly, one of my “tried and true” recipes that only have that name, because my kids love them! In fact, Kade walked out the door this morning saying, “Mom, are you gonna make danishes today?” Out of the blue. How can I not?
He will love the surprise when he gets home!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease the bottom of a 9×13 baking dish.
- Line bottom of the dish with 1 can of dough, pinching seams together to seal.
- In a large bowl, mix together cream cheese, sugar, lemon juice, vanilla, and sour cream. Spread on top of dough.
- *Optional – Spread raspberry jam (or fruit of choice) in a thin layer over the cream cheese mixture. Roll out the 2nd can of dough over the filling.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes or until lightly golden.
- In a small bowl, stir together powdered sugar, milk, and butter. After Danish has cooled, spread with icing.