5 Letters To Send In Your Missionary’s Luggage
Before Sam left for the MTC, I had been thinking that I would write a little note and hide it in his luggage for him to find later, just a little something special from me. Then I came across THIS post and got all giddy inside! Because it combines a special little note along with some PURPOSE and I just love the idea. I had to do it, thank you TAMI PYPER!
- Open on your first day – Use the scripture: D&C 31:3…”Lift up your heart and rejoice, for the hour of your mission is come; and your tongue shall be loosed, and you shall declare glad tidings of great joy unto this generation.”
- Open when things are hard with your companion – Use the quote from C.S. Lewis… ” Do not waste time bothering whether you ‘love’ your neighbor; act as if you did. As soon as we do this we find one of the great secrets. When you are behaving as if you loved someone, you will presently come to love him.”
- Open when things are good – Use the scripture: Alma 26:12… “Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever.”
- Open when things are really difficult – Use the scripture: Ether 12:27… “And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness. I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them.”
- Open when you are doing everything right but nothing is going right – Use the scripture: Alma 57:21…” Yea, and they did obey and observe to perform every word of command with exactness; yea, and even according to their faith it was done unto them; and I did remember the words which they said unto me that their mothers had taught them.”