What I Learned From Stake Conference
For some reason it seemed really easy for me to listen. You know, sometimes it’s a little difficult, you get distracted by the children in front of you, your mind wanders to other things, you are sleepy and try to keep yourself awake by rubbing the arms of your children… is it just me?
Things were different this time. I could really listen. I paid attention. Each talk was awesome. Each talk had a place in my life and struck a personal cord. The Spirit speaks to each person individually, but here is what I learned and came away with a renewed commitment to improve on:
- I want to become perfect at remembering personal morning prayers, and help my children to become perfect at that also.
- I will be more reverent in the chapel before Sacrament meeting begins.
- I will be more focused as one of the prime gospel teachers for our children in our home.
- I will practice being more kind to others.
- I will keep the Sabbath day holy by spending my time doing things that are “holy” and not worldly. It’s not so much about what you don’t do, ie. shopping, playing sports, etc. but what you do, ie. reading scriptures, plan lessons, magnify your calling, spend time with family, visit others etc.
I believe we are each given specific messages for ourselves at the right time.
These are right for me, right now.
“Yea, behold, I will tell you in your mind and in your heart, by the Holy Ghost, which shall come upon you and which shall dwell in your heart. “Now, behold, this is the spirit of revelation” (D&C 8:2–3😉